If you are looking for a delicious way to start your morning then these Orange Zest Gluten-Free Scones are just what you are looking for. You can make them the night before or just before breakfast and serve them warm right out of the oven.
Gluten Free Orange Zest Scones are a perfect addition to a brunch, something easy to make when you have guests or as a little morning treat for your family.
This recipe is easy to make, as all you have to do is combine the ingredients in a bowl, stir, knead, roll, cut and bake.
I personally enjoy them best served warm, with a hot cup of tea and a little fruit.
Orange Zest Gluten Free Scones
2 1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup Robin Hood gluten free flour blend or other gluten free flour (set aside)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup coconut
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
zest of one lemon
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp. maple syrup(optional) set aside
1. Pre-heat oven to 350
2. Combine all dry ingredients (except extra 1/4 cup flour) in a medium size bowl and lightly stir together.
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir gently until a soft dough begins to form.
4. Move the dough onto a flat surface that has been lightly dusted with some of the extra flour that was set aside.
5. Gently knead the dough until well combined and a ball forms. The dough can be quite sticky so you may need to add some of the reserved flour a little at a time.
6. Roll dough into an 8-9 inch circle about 1/2 inch thick.
7. With a sharp knife, cut into 8 wedges and place on a cookie sheet.
**Lemon zest can easily be substituted for the orange zest if preferred.
If you like this gluten free recipe you might also enjoy …